Welcome! We are delighted that you have accepted employment with Appalachian Regional Healthcare System (ARHS). Everything you need to prepare for your pre-employment appointment is listed here. Careful attention to these instructions will help us to expedite your hiring process. Failure to bring completed documentation may result in the need to reschedule your appointment.
Bring the following items for Occupational Health:
- Immunization records obtained from your pediatrician, health department, or school/university
- Print and complete Pre-Employment Health History, included in pre-employment forms below
Bring the following items for Human Resources:
- Blank check for direct deposit form from your bank.
- Two original forms of ID, such as a Passport or Driver’s License and Social Security Card or Birth Certificate (see I-9 form for other acceptable IDs)
- Proof of education, such as diploma or transcripts, also licensure, and/or CPR cards
- Print and complete pre-employment forms below
You do NOT need to sign up or log in to view/download documents. If prompted, close the pop-up box and proceed.
What to Expect:
Initially, the Employment Team will review your paperwork and collect all required documents at our Human Resources Department located at 337 Deerfield Rd. in Boone. Be prepared to have your badge photo taken.
Next, you will meet with Occupational Health in our AppUrgent Care facility located next to Walgreens on Hwy 321 for a brief health assessment, which includes a urine drug screen and blood draw.
All Appalachian Regional Healthcare System employees must receive an annual flu shot.
We will notify you upon successful completion of your pre-employment requirements. We will coordinate your start date and you will be authorized to have your photo ID badge issued.